Text Size:SmallerNormalLargerPrint PageE-mail Page

Our History





1913

The 45-bed Northern Pacific Beneficial Association Hospital
opens on the corner of Prospect and Ames.

1965

The Glendive community purchases the Northern Pacific Hospital, renaming it Glendive Community Hospital.

1969

Glendive Community Hospital constructs a new building and the original NPBAH building is converted into a nursing home.

1977

A new 75-bed nursing home facility is completed. The old NPBAH building is demolished after 64 years.

1986-1987

Glendive Community Hospital purchases the attached medical clinic from Dr. Richard Chambers, and the new Intensive Care Unit is completed. The Glendive Medical Center Foundation is created.

1989

The hospital name changes to Glendive Medical Center. The GMC
basement is finished to accommodate the Radiology Department,
Laboratory and Respiratory Therapy Department.

1996-1997

The Carney Conference Center is completed. Gabert Clinic is
remodeled and expanded to include the Gabert Retail Pharmacy.
2001-2003 GMC completes a two-year construction project. Expansions of the Emergency Department, Therapy areas, Hospital Pharmacy and Visiting Physician area are completed. Renovations are also made to Surgical Services and the Outpatient Registration area, as well as a Behavioral Health Unit remodel.

2008-2010

GMC completes its Surgery Center construction project. A new
Extended Care wing, entryway, Emergency Department garage area and Surgery Center are added, and significant infrastructure improvements are made.